Walking with poles provides significant benefits for your total health and well being. It’s a highly effective, low impact, fitness workout.
Nordic walking is a natural form of exercise that greatly benefits the whole body without the strain and pain often incurred by other comparable forms of exercise.
ABOUT NORDIC WALKING
Nordic Walking is a form of fitness walking using specially designed poles and a learned technique to produce a low impact, high results, total body workout. The poles serve as a resistance exercise for the upper body; thus Nordic Walking increases cardio output, burns more calories and activates more muscles compared to normal walking. Originating from Scandinavia and the sport of cross country skiing, Nordic Walking is rapidly becoming popular across the world and here in Australia.
WHO CAN NORDIC WALK
Nordic Walking is for everyone regardless of age or fitness level. From high intensity cross training for sports people, to recreational fitness, to chronic condition management or rehabilitation therapy, Nordic Walking is suitable for all.
WHERE TO NORDIC WALK
Australia’s climate and landscape provides ideal environments for wonderful Nordic Walks – along beaches, through nature reserves and suburban parks, or even city footpaths. Wherever you can walk, you can Nordic Walk.
BENEFITS OF NORDIC WALKING
Studies in Europe have proved the following health benefits:
- activates 90% of the body’s muscles
- burns up to 46% more calories compared to regular walking
- gives up to 25% greater cardio fitness effect than regular walking
- decreases the load and impact to the joints of the lower body
- offers a more intense workout but with less perceived exertion.
- strengthens and tones the upper back, shoulders and arms
- increases lateral mobility of the spine
- develops core stability and strength
- improves coordination and balance
- promotes an upright and improved walking posture
- releases pain and tension in the neck and shoulders
Want to Find out More? Want to Make a booking? Contact Us Here